The Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screw is designed to provide an easy-to-install, high-strength alternative to through-bolting and traditional lag screws. The Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screw provides a structural wood-to-wood connection, including for ledgers. As all Type 316 stainless steel fasteners, the Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screw offers maximum corrosion protection.
- Bold thread design provides superior holding power
- Patented 4CUT tip ensures fast starts, reduces installation torque and eliminates the need for pre-drilling in most applications
- Knurled shank section above the threads makes driving easier
- Under-head nibs offer greater installer control when seating the head
- Large head provides maximum bearing area
- Double-barrier coating provides corrosion resistance equivalent to hot-dip galvanization, making it suitable for many exterior and preservative-treated wood applications
- Available in lengths up to 10" for maximum versatility
- Bit included in package
Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screw heat treated carbon steel, Strong-Drive SDWH Timber Hex SS screw Type 316 stainless steel
- Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screws install best with a lowspeed 1/2" drill and a T-40 6-lobe bit. The matched bit included with the screws is recommended for best results.
- Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screws install best with a low-speed 1/2" drill and a 5/16" hex driver bit. The matched bit included with the screws is recommended for best results.
- Pre-drilling is typically not required. Where pre-drilling is necessary, use a 5/32" drill bit for Strong-Drive SDWS Timber screws and 0.188" Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screws. Use a 7/32" drill bit for 0.276" Strong-Drive SDWH Timber-Hex SS screws.
- Screw heads that are countersunk flush to the wood surface are acceptable if the screw has not spun out.