The EB-TY provides a unique method of fastening deck boards that makes the fasteners virtually invisible. Fastening is done into the side of the board, leaving a fastener-free deck surface. This system can be used with most types of decking, including Cedar Decking and Mahogany Decking.
EB-TY Decking System
The EB-TY is a polypropylene biscuit fastener that fits into a slot the builder cuts into the edge of the deck boards with a standard biscuit joiner. The EB-TY fasteners are inserted and fastened with a screw driven into the joist. Nesting each successive board against the EB-TY automatically ensures consistent spacing and uniform height.
- Easy to install since all fastening is done from the top side
- Affords easier deck resurfacing since nail heads are eliminated from the deck surface
- Formed from long lasting polypropylene to last the life of the deck
- Stainless-steel #7 trim-head screws included
- Each EB-TY package includes installation instructions and enough EB-TY fasteners, screws and tapered Ipe wood plugs to install 100 square feet of decking (175-Pack quantity assumes 6" wide boards, installed perpendicular to joists spaced 16" on center)
- Fasten the first board using construction adhesive and screws, then cut slots where the board intersects joists using a 5/32" router bit or plate joiner (biscuit cutter #20) and install the first EB-TY fasteners. Do not use construction adhesive with composite decking.
- Cut slots in the next board where it intersects the joists.
- Apply a bead of construction adhesive to the top of each joist and install the new board so that the slots fit over the EB-TY fasteners installed in the first board.
- Insert EB-TY fasteners into each slot in the exposed edge of the board and fasten with screws.
- Repeat the process until all boards are installed.